QUICK LAUNCH

sabato 23 luglio 2011

Chris Evans turned down Captain America three times

Chris Evans turned down <em>Captain America </em>three times


Captain America: The First Avenger, starring Chris Evans, will open in cinemas on July 27.

Chris Evans, who previously worked with Marvel as the Human Torch in theFantastic Four film series, said he declined the role of Captain America: The First Avenger three times before signing a six-picture deal with Marvel.

He explained: "At the time, I remember telling a buddy of mine, 'If the movie bombs, I'm fucked. If the movie hits, I'm fucked! I was just scared. I realized my whole decision-making process was fear-based, and you never want to make a decision out of fear. I can't believe I was almost too chicken to play Captain America."

He finally agreed to the role, saying, "I think Marvel is doing a lot of good things right now, and it's a fun character. ... I think the story of Steve Rogers is great. He's a great guy. Even if it [were] just a script about anybody, I would probably want to do it. So it wasn't necessarily about the comic itself."

To prepare for his role as a super soldier, Evans told MTV News: "The workouts were exhausting. It's the workouts that, you know, make you want to vomit. It's horrible. You try to think of any way to get out of it before you go. And you're just so glad when you're done."

Captain America: The First Avenger, distributed in the Philippines by United International Philippines, is due in Metro Manila theaters on July 27, 2011.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento