QUICK LAUNCH

sabato 23 luglio 2011

Azkals heartthrobs James Younghusband, Nate Burkey, and Neil Etheridge talk about football and lovelife status!


Azkals heartthrobs James Younghusband, Nate Burkey, and Neil Etheridge talk about football and lovelife status!




Thanks to team Azkals—which was coined from the word "askal," a Tagalog contraction of the canine mixed breed asong kalye.

Phil Younghusband is perhaps the most popular of them all. Aside from being linked with actress Angel Locsin, he was already visible in showbiz before they met.

His older brother James also tried his hand at modeling, but he seems to be camera-shy.

In an interview held prior to their big win against Sri Lanka, James admitted, "I guess you can say I'm more conservative."

But he added that off-camera, he's not reserved at all, "especially when I'm with people I'm comfortable with," he smiled.

His aggressive self becomes evident whenever he's playing.

"Just focus on the goal. You forget about everything," the 24-year-old football star said.

He encourages Pinoys to play football for the sport.

"I think the Filipinos can develop the sport. I'm just happy that football has become really popular," James told PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal).

And how does he find the attention he and his teammates have been getting from the girls?

"It's very flattering," the right-winger Azkal answered. "It gives me the extra motivation to be good at football."

But sorry, ladies, his "ideal girl," is "a girl named Fiona Faulkner," an 18-year-old Filipino-British who also "loves football."

And before we could ask another question, he cut in, "She's my girlfriend."

NATE BURKEY. Another looker in the group is Nate, a Filipino-American striker.

He's been with the team for only a few months, but the football fans already know him as the guy who made the "first goal in a World Cup qualifier in 10 years."

The 26-year-old football player seemed unaffected by the feat.

"I just did what my coach told me," he said.

He was a bit surprised though by their celebrity status.

"It was difficult...surprising," he remarked, carefully choosing his words. "But I will always stay humble and keep my feet on the ground. Knowing what's important is important."


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento